05 January 2006

Blessings

There's a song that I've heard and have sung a lot recently by Matt Redman called Blessed Be Your Name. While this song challenges me to bless the Name of the Lord in times of struggle, it also tells me to bless God in the times of good season as well. So I'm gonna take myself up on this.

God has recently asked me to do something in a way that is totally outside of my normal practice. He asked me to get up and move without any real consideration of the consequences. What did it mean? Well putting notice in at work and informing all the relevant people about what is going on. And then moving to the other side of the world.

So I'm in the process of doing that. But in a moment of what I felt was lack of faith, I asked God that He would cause all those with whom I discussed this to speak favourably in regards to the decision, as confirmation of His plan. I didn't really know if I was allowed to ask for this. More than anything I had asked for it because I was scared that I would end up doubting the word God had given me, so I asked any way. And God, true to form has decided to show off. Not only have I been receiving awesome words of confirmation from people that I have asked, I have also had other people contacting me to add their support.

And wow is it humbling, because I feel, "God I don't deserve this." And once again I am reminded of the lessons of grace - that it has nothing to do with what I deserve and everything to do with who He is. It's not about me, it's all about Him. So God blessed be Your Name in the land that is plentiful, when the streams of abundance flow, when the sun's shining down on me and when the world is "all as it should be". Your grace is more than I can ever comprehend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home