07 September 2007

On My Terms

I recently chatted with someone aobut God.
Was a fun conversation, made me think, made me want to know more.

Here's what stuck out:
"I wouldn't want to believe in a God like that." (spoken by my friend)

Funnily enough, it means that they answered their later question of,
"If God is so awesome and powerful, why doesn't everyone follow him?"

Easy,
because then we might have to believe in a God who doesn't do things our way.

Thing is this, it isn't just the 'non-Christians' that think this.
I think that the Christians do to.

What happens if it costs too much, hurts too much, challenges too much, if God asks too much, if He calls the shots too much, if He remains himself too much?

Then do we really want to follow Him?
Do we really?
Or is it for easier to pick and choose the parts of God that we like,
and just stay with that?


I want to follow a God not of my own creation,
but as He is, and know Him as He is,
and follow, for all that it costs me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home