30 May 2006

Grace and consequences

So I said to someone today, "I need to go do this, because there's the point to which God has grace, and then there's the point at which there are consequences." I decided later on that I disagreed with myself. Basically it's because the two are not mutually exclusive. There is always grace. Grace always exists, whether are consequences or not, grace always exists. So consequences don't negate grace. But I also realised that grace doesn't negate consequences. For example, with Ninevah, there was grace for the people who repented, but the town was destroyed anyway. Grace exists yes, but there has been an order set in place for this world and actions have consequences. There are some things that have to happen. Grace means that your sins are forgiven and that you are counted as righteous. It doesn't always mean that there aren't repercussions. So grace doesn't negate consequences either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home