24 January 2006

All it takes is faith and trust, and a little bit of pixie dust!

Well not quite, maybe just the first two. I'm finding that out a bit at the moment. You know when God gives you crazy dreaming ideas like, "Go move to Canada," and it is so exciting and scary and exhilarating? And then you come home and you actually have to do it? Make the plans, book the flights, talk to the people, pack the bags, go, leave. Well I think that's when reality sets in a bit more. That's where I am. And it's a little scary. Particularly when God says things like, "Wait until you get over there to get a job." Me, I want to plan and purpose and research it all now and make sure it's all going to be fine. God, He says, "Trust Me." So I guess I am. Been reading a great book at the moment "Waking the Dead" by John Eldridge. He's big on awakening your heart to be obedient to God. And I've been reading His thoughts on hearing God and he says that we need wisdom and spirit. Wisdom is good, but it's not enough. Because wisdom, particularly man's wisdom, will never fully grasp the situation. Why? Because some things are outside the realm of rationality. God doesn't always think like we do, and so if we just have reasoning and formulas and procedures then sometimes we miss the point. Sometimes God asks us to do the irrational. And that's the spirit bit. Maybe that's what it means to worship Him in spirit and in truth. Head and heart.

So I'm gonna trust Him, and this time overule my head with my heart. Saying it only makes it marginally easier. I feel like I"m walking a tight rope, and my feet are tingling because I just looked down. I guess the idea is, if I keep looking at Him I won't fall. It's tempting to look down though, because if I can just see how far it is, maybe I can make sure it won't happen. But usually where you look is where you go. I'm really hoping not to go down. Lord, help me keep my eyes on You. Sometimes I think this is gonna be tougher than it seems, but I do know you will get me across. Ahh, there's the head!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home