18 February 2006

Rollercoasters

So I have no real epiphany today. It's been a good day and I've had some good thoughts and was even thinking what I would write today. But as I sit in front of the screen, none of it comes to mind. I think I am a bit tired. A few too many late nights... hmmm, whose fault is that? Mostly mine really :)! So I just thought I'd write this.

I have always loved rollercoasters. From the time that I was actually tall enough to ride them I have thought they were great. We have a few theme parks close to Brisbane and I have been to all of them. I think I have ridden on every rollercoaster they have there except one. I love the anticipation as you climb up the hill, looking out at the landscape around you, seeing how far you can see, noticing how high you are. I love the initial swoop, the duck-diving, hurtling through space at a million miles per hour feeling. I love keeping my eyes open the whole time, even when you are going upside down in a loop, because it makes it that bit more scary. I love hanging your arms out at these times as well, because it even makes it scary for the person next to you! (If they kept their eyes open!) And even when you finish the ride your heart is still pounding and there is that satisfying thrill of racing adrenaline. At present I would describe my life like rollercoaster. It's a lot of fun! But hey, maybe that's why I'm so tired!

1 Comments:

At 11:10 pm, February 18, 2006, Blogger Cassie said...

I like that thought, life is totally a rollercoaster and as much as it is great fun sometimes, you didn't mention the bit where you're going up the really really steep hill, thinking about the grade 3 physics lesson "what goes up, must come down" and sometimes life is way too scary coz you know it's all gunna get scarier. Oh well, Wendy B. said a cool thing today ... Life is tough, compared to what? Nice huh? Hmm, love your stuff!!! Love yah Bec.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home