10 July 2006

things in my life

There gets to a certain age where I think you just start noticing more and more that you are old. I guess this makes sense, but I also guess I never really expected it to be starting in your early 20s! But here are things that I have noticed that must mean that I am getting old.

- I went to teen camp and some of the kids there are now 10 years younger than me. It used to only be 4 or so
- The perspective of one teen at my table is that I am a 'lady'. I always think that you are old when people start describing you by saying, "I met a lady" (no offense Chella!)
- I didn't know half the songs that were played at the dance party at the end of camp (granted I haven't really listened to a radio for 3 months)
- I certainly didn't like at least half the songs that were played at the dance
- The songs that I did like were all old classics

So I think this means that I am getting old. It doesn't bother me that much really, I guess I just hope that with it comes the benefits of being old because I've spent to long trying to convince people that just because you are young doesn't mean that you can't do things. So I jolly well hope that now that I am old enough that this won't happen, that there comes some follow up with that as well.

1 Comments:

At 12:50 am, July 22, 2006, Blogger Snooty Farkleboob said...

I prefer to go for ageless. Neither young nor old, but a healthy mixture of wisdom, maturity and fresh-faced fun. Kids help with that!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home