18 February 2006

Kick up the butt!

I have come across a situation where I have realised that I need to whip myself into shape. See I was having a conversation with one of my friends about something that saddened me. I had a conversation with some friends that included them bagging churches and people in churches and it made me really sad. It highlighted to me once again why we have such issues in the church. It seems sometimes there really is so little unity. And so I was talking with my friend about it later that night. But after the conversation I realised something. While I had been aware of my disagreement with the behaviour of these friends at the time, I hadn't said anything to stop them. Which effectively translates to me condoning their practice because I didn't do anything about it. Like it's all good and well that I can say that I didn't like what they were doing, but I had an opportunity to stop it and to speak to something different, but I didn't. I just let it go because I didn't want to cause a fuss. Strange thing, I am willing enough to cause a fuss about it in speaking to someone else, so I obviously thought it was important enough. I learnt something. I need to take the opportunities that are given to me to stand up to things that I disagree with. Sometimes keeping the peace is not always the right response. Like if you see people engaging in something you know is wrong. Doesn't mean you need to verbally abuse them, but you can say something. I should have said something. Next time I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home