31 July 2006

Things you find out

You know how you sometimes forget that you can do something because you haven't done it in a while? Well I do. Last night I rediscovered that I could make people talk. I had forgotten that I can do this. I used to say to people, "I am not good because I make people tell me things they don't want to, I am good because I make them want to tell me." I did it last night and that wasn't even the plan. But it was nice, not because I was manipulating someone and that gives me some sinister pleasure, but because when I get people to talk, I help them, and I am good at helping them. And it was just fun, because it felt so familiar and right and it was a reminder of, "This is something that I am good at. I can do this."

And in the meantime, I think a problem got solved. Which is kind of cool. I guess it unfortunately means that when you come down to it, there is a class in which I could be considered manipulative, which I would highly protest. But it might just be true. I guess it all comes down to intention. I'm not trying to do evil, I really am trying to help people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home