18 July 2006

My life continues

Life is a crazy thing. It continues to challenge me. I think more than anything I learn how much I really don't know anything. The more you know, the more you realise that you don't really know anything. Knowledge of God still sometimes seems so far off, but yet He is still so gracious and in the midst of my confusion reaches into my world and speaks to me. And truthfully, in it all, it's enough to know that the God of the universe sees, hears and cares. Even if there was nothing else, the knowledge of this alone would keep me walking. And yet there is so much more in my life, even just the opportunity to sit down with a bunch of teens and teach them about how the Word of God has meaningful and practical application to their life. It continues to reinforce to me one of the biggest lessons that I am learning at the moment. I am simply learning to be dependent and immersed and completely directed by Scripture. This is God's living Word. It is His ultimate directive for our life. And yet we walk around thinking that we can do this on our own, that we have what it takes to work it out. Why are we so arrogant to not receive what has been given us. God wrote it down. Why don't we take the time to really understand what it means. There is so much more to it than just a simple reading, this has depth beyond what you could imagine. You could spend your entire lifetime preaching from it and never cover it all. And how do we think we are going to love God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength if we aren't even taking the time to fully come to terms with what He has already told us. The truth is I can't really get mad, I've spent at least 15 years of Christian life not really caring that much. But people's, get it before me and see the amazing things that God reveals to you.

2 Comments:

At 2:32 pm, July 18, 2006, Blogger Cassie said...

Hey, thought I would leave a comment because your blog is starting to look as lonely as mine! Anyways, so true what you said, so true... I read it and become disappointed that I so often fail to see the significance of God (that feels wierd to say but if you don't "care" then you don't see significance right?)So yeah, luvs ya Bec!

 
At 12:57 am, July 22, 2006, Blogger Snooty Farkleboob said...

The cool thing about the bible is that it is God's word and because God is infinite, there is infinite teaching to be found in it. At least you know that you won't be sitting around bored when your 80!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home