06 September 2006

God's Provision

So if you didn't know, I finished working at X-Culture just over 2 weeks ago. I was really glad to finish too. But since then it has been my task to get a new job. Now I have applied for a counselling position with The Salvation Army, but I don't get to interview for that until after the 19th Sept. So there are weeks in between finishing at X-Culture and a potential start date with TSA. And I have been supposed to get my resume out, but I have not, basically because I have been slack. And I was worried that I wouldn't get a job.

So yesterday I went and handed out resumes to people. And by the afternoon I had two job offers, not just interviews but actual 'you have the job if you want it' job offers. I trialed for one today, but I am going to take the other one instead (I will be working at Starbucks, learning how to make coffee - actually a useful life skill I think - even though I don't actually like or drink coffee).

And it kind of just blew me away, because I had been really slack, and had not done anything about getting a job when I should have. And yet God totally provided, just when I needed Him to, even though I really feel like I didn't deserve it. Once again, praise God for His grace, and for the way in which he continues to blow me away with who He is.

2 Comments:

At 12:44 am, September 07, 2006, Blogger Cassie said...

I can't see you as a Starbucks chick... but anyway, who would have ever pictured me knee deep in fat buckets and rodding raw chickens getting blood all over me? Strange world...

 
At 6:11 pm, September 07, 2006, Blogger bec said...

hehe, it's quite possibly more of an in-between job, I'm really waiting for the counselling one. But we will see how the hours fit...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home