30 January 2006

My God is MORE than enough


God has been challenging me with how big He is. There's a song that Superchick sings that says, "My God is enough." And I like it, cos it works for me. I know that God will satisfy all my needs and trust my life to Him completely. But I think too often I leave it there. And God has been challenging me about this. And on Sunday we were singing a song that said, "Lord, you're more than enough for me." And it got me thinking.It's like He's saying, "You're willingness to be too easily satisfied with what I can give you is limiting the blessings you receive. Ask more of me and I am so willing to give it to you."

Here's two different situations that have taught me a bit. First, on New Year's night (not too long after it had turned midnight) some friends and I were sitting around discussing what we wanted out of the new year. When my turn came I said that I would like to make sense of this coming year and that I would like to find value in it. (This might seem pretty vague but I'd had a rough lead up to the year and it made heaps of sense to me - and I'm sure God.) You know what, the next night, so the 2nd I had been given my meaning and found value in the year ahead. What I was happy to happen in one year, God had done in one night. Imagine what I could've asked for that God would have done. But I settled for that, I thought that was enough. (Thankfully I also said that by the end of the year I wanted to be able to say that there was more of God and less of me and I'm really looking forward to seeing how that pans out.)

The second is in a smaller, but to me, equally demonstrative situation. I just sold my car and to sell a car the buyer needs keys. So if they go missing, this can be quite a dilemma. It was, because it was me and my dad trying to look for them and we are quite notorious at losing things and often not being able to find them. So last night I went to bed asking God to help me find them or a spare key because He knew where it was. So in the morning, after not too much searching I looked in the two places I thought a spare key would be. And there it was, sitting right on top of the little glass container. I was pretty stoked with that and thanked God for His provision. But guess what, later I was making a phone call and what did I see beside the phone, the other key. No idea how it got there, but now I had found both the keys, and all before the guy arrived to pick up the car. And it was like God was saying to me, Bec, I truly can give you so much more than you can imagine. Don't limit me and yourself in your safe asking. Be willing to ask the impossible, it's totally within my realm.

So I have been appropriately challenged. My God IS more than enough for me. Let's hope I do something about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home