20 February 2006

hmmm??!!!

I caused controversy and I didn't even mean to! I don't know whether that should be followed with a whoops, a grin or a slighlty confused face. Maybe a bit of all three. Blogs are funny things, I think you can pretty close to saying anything and if people want to they will take offense. Apparently one of my comments on a blog got it cooking, hehe! Thought it was a pretty innocent comment but apparently not. Anyway, I think it was good, because I actually said what I thought (and I think at the time knew it might have been questioned) and was happy about that. But even so, it still felt like a bit of a slap in the face for someone to come back as hard and strong as they did. I am thinking though, that this is a good thing, in the light of my whole post the other day. So I guess it works. But I will have to be careful, because my initial response is to say, "Well I will have to be careful to not say such controversial things." But I realise that's not the lesson to learn from this. The lesson to learn is how to be able to stand with those things, and maybe even to work out how to comment back gracefully. Hmmm, not quite there yet. At present I just haven't replied... We'll see what happens!

4 Comments:

At 5:58 pm, February 20, 2006, Blogger Naomi said...

Ooooh... controversy queen! :-)

I always find it tricky to balance standing up for what I believe with avoiding unnecessary hurt feelings. Jesus just did it so well... knew when to blast people and when to make a gentle comment that would help someone move in the right direction.

PS. I need your email addie to invite you onto the StreetWar team. Is your SA one still current?

 
At 10:55 pm, February 20, 2006, Blogger bec said...

that will work, send it there and then I'll send you the other one. Alternatively, I think it's actually listed on one of the posts, so you can use that!

 
At 3:07 am, February 21, 2006, Blogger Cassie said...

You know what though, people take offense and people who originally took offense. I think it is a really really stupid word in our vocab. Don't like it? Get over it!!! I hate that everyone is allowed to be right (because your opinion is always correct) but as soon as you put Jesus in their, well then you're narrow minded, naive and all of a sudden, you're opinion is not correct. Now I find THAT offensive!!! I say, stand up for your stuff coz somebody is always gonna be OFFENDED, but hey, that's their issue. So you can't tell that this is one of those things that make me tick, huh?

 
At 3:57 am, February 21, 2006, Blogger bec said...

Wow, don't catch Cassie when she's on her hobby horse! Funny thing was Cass, it was a Christian blog. Some of the scariest ones I've seen are Christian ones. But anyway. It keeps the world interesting...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home