14 March 2006

Life here...

So ppl here, what can I say about them? Love it here, why, for a couple of reasons. Here are the first three that stand out:
1) There is a really cool spirit of encouragement here. It's like you can't really do anything without people noticing and encouraging and saying thank you. It's cool. So even if you have to do the same menial task over and over (like sweeping the carpeted floor with a broom and then vacuuming up the dusk with the barely working vacuum cleaner and picking up the left overs - I think I have done this three times now!) it somehow makes it that you can do it again because people do appreciate it, which is cool.
2) These guys can worship! It's mad!! Like normally to get a good pumped up crowd you need a lot of people, but here, we have about 50 or so and it just kicks. But it's because people enter in and actually worship and it's not a show and it's not about other people. And they dance!!!! And there might even be equal numbers of girls and guys and it is so releasing for me because I don't feel like I am a distraction, I am just adding to what is already there. So the worship is cool.
3) And then there is the invisibility. These guys are here at something that is professedly a "cool" thing to do and so it might be easy to roll your eyes at the way people just get caught up in the latest "fad". But these guys are real and they mean what they say and they follow it up with action. They also put in the hard yards and go it when things are tough. We have people sleeping at RAW, just so that all the shifts in the War Room (which has been moved here) can be covered. And though it's not bad to sleep here it's not great.

And then although I said three, I would also add community. There is an awesome sense of community amongst the guys in the War College and then also into the DTES community. And they have welcomed me with open arms in a way that I could never have imagined and I am already claimed as one of them. And the amazing thing is that I brought some of my dance stuff, just in case I got the chance to dance sometime during the year. But I am dancing tonight. I have been here three days and they asked me tonight. And I am so blessed by it.

But my biggest blessing so far came unexpectedly this afternoon. I actually went upstairs to find out whether one of our guys had gotten lunch because he has been doing heaps of computer work. Then one of our guys here, Xander (he is actually an Aussie!! woohoo, go the ex-pats!), just randomly asked me if I had a gift of prophecy. I answered, something like, "I think." And then he decided to pray over me about and got a couple of the girls around to join in as well and then God just kind of turned up (Xander is telling me that God was already there, which He always is, but he was particularly, and that is why he asked). It was very cool. Cos we weren't in the middle of the church or anything, it was just there and it just happened. And these guys started speaking these words over me and ended up anointing me and so many things that I had been feeling were confirmed like prophecy in dancing; dancing on injustice; ready to leave at a moments notice no matter the constraints of family, situations, whatever; incendiary; starting fires; invisibility. And then there were words of deep wells and big fires. And then I just got up and danced. And dancing is the best. Well at least for me. I can never explain it to anyone, exactly what it is like. It is just something that allows me to connect with God in a way like nothing else and it is a language that I speak that makes more sense to me than any other. So I did and then people were encouraged and they said so to me. And it just blows you away and maybe God is opening up more of what I am to do here. I don't really know what it is, but it has to do with dancing somehow. So that is cool and I continue to be so excited about being here and God is so good!!! woohoo! life is good!

2 Comments:

At 4:11 pm, March 14, 2006, Blogger Naomi said...

*huggggggggggggg*

It's great to hear you so excited :) :)

 
At 5:56 am, March 15, 2006, Blogger Cassie said...

It sounds cool. Meanwhile I am being jealous (slightly) that it is 12pm and I have only just finished doing my homework. It's stupid. Now I am going to bed... what's a bed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home