03 March 2006

The process of cleaning

So for me, with leaving comes the necessity to go through my room (and also the garage) and go things and throw stuff out and reorganise stuff. The truth of the matter is that this is seriously not one of my favourite things to and I definitely have to do it in time periods. Otherwise I just get sick of this. I think this is mostly because it is a long and arduous process and really you have to put in a lot of work without noticing a huge result. The end product is great, but you have to get there, and that takes time.

And even as I look at what I have just written, I smile at the irony of it all. Because I was putting this post on to talk about the obvious analogies between cleaning out of things and then cleaning out in your life. I've been doing a bit of both, I guess. But here are some things that I have noticed about the process of the physical clean out. Strangely there are similiarities between the two.

1. I generally don't like doing this. It's generally a frustrating process.
2. I find that there is so much stuff that I have kept that it has been pointless keeping. There is a lot of ruthless throwing out.
3. There are things that I have kept or thrown out because other people have thought that I should or shouldn't.
4. The mess definitely has to become much larger, because you have to pull everything out, sort through it and then repack it.
5. If I had all the time in the world, the process would collectively take a shorter amount of time. This is because with the way things are, I don't have time to pull it all out and go through it til it's all gone. People come visit and so you have to pull some out and then pack it up so that things can be functional.
6. As I pull things out there are things that I find that make me laugh, some that make me cringe, things that I will keep forever, things that I'm not sure if I should keep and things that I throw away straight away.
7. There is a definite purpose in sorting things out, making them fit best, and packing them up in a way that is going to be most functional.
8. My hands get very dusty while doing it. This doesn't feel the greatest.
9. If you pack it well then things can fit in a small amount of space, but if you do it in a rushed way it is very bulky.
10. I will be so happy when it is finally done!

3 Comments:

At 9:30 pm, March 04, 2006, Blogger Cassie said...

You could just not leave. Then you wouldn't have to clean. *Tears* I love you!

 
At 3:22 pm, March 05, 2006, Blogger bec said...

I love you, Cass. Distance is a relative thing, when hearts are close it is never that far away. (Now how soppy is that!)

 
At 10:19 pm, March 05, 2006, Blogger Cassie said...

Quite soppy, but kind of encouraging... I think!!! Hehe, you know you're gonna get really white! I may end up more tanned than you! LOL, that'd be funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home