24 February 2006

It figures

So you know how you formalise a commitment with God by putting it up for public scrutiny, and then, even though you have actually been doing all those things you said you were going to do for a number of days it all of a sudden becomes so difficult? It links back to the 'have to do' thing. And so yesterday, the day after I made my great post, I didn't do any of those things I said I was going to do. Great! So today I was determined to and I did. And I learnt something else. Discipline can lead to more love! I took the time to spend it with God and all the things I want to do, and particularly in praying for friends and pray the Bible I just felt love for God well up within me even more. It was really cool! So even though I sucked at being disciplined, God still showed me His grace and met with me. It's pretty amazing. I still get blown away by how awesome He is (this is a good thing!). Who ever gets God's grace?!

P.S. Oh and in a little aside, speaking of God's grace and how humbling it is, I was again finding tears in my eyes today as I found some one else (that I don't even know) with promotion for PUSH on their site. How humbling to think that someone else thinks your stuff is worth telling people about. And a huge encouragement! Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home