02 March 2006

Hanging with the chicks

So I went to work today to finalise my resignation and to catch up with all the people that I worked with. I have loved that place. You have to be part of a team to work there, because as a team we help each other, and as a team we get there. And so there are some pretty special people there.

And I just had the opportunity to catch up with them and there is nothing like catching up with like minded people. One of the things I love is that there are a heap of Christians at work and they bring their faith into what they do. And so I just had some great conversations with people, talking about what God is doing in their life and mine and just a time of mutual encouragement. And talking with one of my good friends and how there is some cool things happening in our lives. There is a group of girls back here that I call my group of godly women. They are all single and in the 20s or 30s and it's funny, because we've all been together for a while (even though we come from reasonably separated areas around the division) but now we are going to different places. I'm heading off to Canada, two of the girls are in Africa, one is moving from where she is and is on an unknown adventure. And a couple others are working out where God is leading them right where they are. There is something stirring in the waters and it's really cool. And it is exciting to think of it, but cool to think that we can still support each other and to think that even though I am around the other side of the world, my sisters in Christ are journeying with me, and through things like the net and email we can continue to support each other and cheer each other on. It is so true that we were never meant to do it alone and I love these girls. Praise God for His provision, I needed the reminder that the distance doesn't mean that they aren't still there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home