26 February 2006

Perfect timing


I have a slightly erractic book reading practice. It is not uncommon for me to have 3 or 4 books that are yet to be finished in my literary quota. This is partly due to the fact that I will pick up a lot of different books but also due to the fact that I will often leave a book for months on end, not picking it up for a considerable interim.

The funny thing about this is that somehow God uses it. I wonder if often I will retire from reading a book because I have come to the place that need to be to deal with what is required. And then it is left for a while until I arrive at the next destination that will benefit from my readings. Recently this has so often been the case. I have finished reading at least 3 different books that I have picked up, put down and picked up again on a number of different occasions. And everytime I find that what I am reading speaks exactly into my situation.

The other thing that I have been finding is that the preaches I have been hearing have exactly coincided with where I am on my walk with God. You may remember that I mentioned the one about love and then this week's one was on prayer and time with God. It is such a God-incidence! So I just wanted to put up a praise to God for his absolutely perfect timing! He is so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home