28 February 2006

The Journey (images from counselling...)

I feel like I am a traveller, like a wanderer or something, but I have purpose, not wandering aimlessly. I have a hat on my head and my backpack on and I have a walking stick in my hand. And there is this beaten track that I am walking on. People have walked here before. But not scores and scores of people. But enough. It is well worn but not much wider than that which allows one person to travel on it. The track is dusty and with little pebbles breaking through the earth and it passes through these beautiful grassy fields, meadows even, and there has been a beautiful stream, a babbling brook, to pass by as well. And there have been times to lay down and rest. To sleep deeply under the shade of a huge oak tree, and to sit in the afternoon sun with a cool breeze, twirling a blade of grass in my mouth. Before this the ground was rockier and harder and rougher. And the way was somewhat more difficult and required a bit of stumbling and scrambling. But this has been very peaceful. But now I am up and I am coming through the pastureland. I am, in fact, at the foothills of some very large, snow-capped mountains. My head is lifted up as I survey the view. I am going to the high country. The way is up and the journey will be tough, with some hard climbing and there’s probably going to be a winter chill at sometimes. But the view is going to be spectacular. I am so ready for this. There is excitement as I scan the horizon of these mountains that are now so close that they almost fill my full view. Where they lead, I’m not quite sure. I only know I hear them calling and it is these I must climb.

1 Comments:

At 7:26 pm, March 02, 2006, Blogger Naomi said...

:-)

That's some awesome imagery.

Good on you for going to counselling. Sounds as though it really helped you clear your head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home