01 February 2006

Faith the size of a mustard seed

Apparently that's how much you need to move a mountain. Apparently I really don't have that much!

All these people I am talking to at the moment seem to think that I have heaps of faith at the moment. But it's silly cos I don't. And I sometimes get stressed about the silliest things. Like getting stressed cos I hadn't heard about some arrangements that needed to happen and coming up with all the worst possible scenarios. To the point where the thought even flashed through my mind, "Have I just made up all this stuff about God calling me to Canada?" And I was talking to God about it saying, "God I hate that you can do all these amazing things for me and yet I still doubt and don't trust You." And He basically just said, "Bec, have I taken care of it all so far?" And of course the answer was yes. And so He said, "Well I've got this under control too. Be at peace." And so I went to sleep last night clinging to all the amazing evidence that God has given me that yes, this what He has called me to do. (So there was a reason for asking - or at least receiving - a bunch of confimation in the first place, I was gonna needed it!) And so this morning I jump on the computer and there was the email saying that everything is fine. I think God smiled, because it wasn't there last night - I checked. And so this is just another lesson for me at learning how to trust him completely. He's good, I've got a long way to go in this lesson!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home