02 February 2006

Just like a parent!


The other day I went to visit my friend Jess and her 2 year old son and 6 month old daughter. I met them to go to the shopping centre and we stopped for Gloria Jeans (best coffee place in the world!) Now her son decided that he wanted som of the "sweet drink" but Jess, being the good mum that sh eis, wanted him to have some water first so that he didn't get dehydreated. And my, what a show as seen! Try crocodile tears to the max, not being able to sit up properly on the seat and ending up in a huff on the floor. The crazy thing was - that his little 2 year old mind couldn't comprehend - if he just did what was good for him, which wasn't horrible at all, he would get what he wanted. Instead me had dramas that probably lasted on and off for about 1/2 hr (My problem - I had difficulty stopping laughing, he was so cute!). Similarly, later he decided that he wanted a ride on the motorised car. He had seen the "Barney car" and was pretty keen on it. But Jess knew that there was this much bigger, very cool car up ahead. But just try and convince him of this! And so once again we got a tantrum show. And the whole time Jess is saying, if you just wait a bit we'll get to a better one.

And in both situations we couldn't help but notice how much this must be like us and God sometimes. How many times are we throwing a tantrum because we want what we want and we are not getting it. I wonder how many times it's becasue we need to do something that will be good for us first, or because we need to wait for something better just up the way. It's worth pondering!

P.S. I used to wonder what mum's at home did with their time. Since gaining two friends with kids I don't have too many more specific answers, I just know that it takes so long to do whatever it is that you do that you never know where the day went! I am now in complete support of their position of busyness and lack of time. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home