02 April 2006

Discipline

This is the huge topic of my life at the moment and I really don't have enough of it. This is most evidenced by the fact that I haven't gotten to bed before 12 for at least 4 nights in a row (though last night that was a product of the daylight savings). Why is this so much of an issue? Because it affects the time of the morning that I am functional. This means that I have not been getting rations (devotions, whatever you want to call it) in. But also importantly it means that I have been having issues with getting to my War Room shifts. I had one of Tue and then I had one last night. I got to one hour of the one on Tue and woke up as the one last night was finishing. Now, granted, both of these had to do with issues with alarms but I have also experienced God waking me up when I need it to happen. So I think at the moment my body is too tired to be woken up and so I don't get there. And so what really sucks about this is that I didn't suffer from not doing my War Room shifts but people in my community had to cover them. And that sucks, cos I hate putting people out, and then it's really just not right, because when you make a commitment you should be there. And so at the moment, my lack of discipline is affecting my community. And it's an important lesson to learn because that is how it is in the body, really we aren't all independent and doing our own thing, our actions do affect each other. It's just that here it is much easier to see. And so I am going to have to be more disciplined. I think I need to be in bed by 12 on a normal day and earlier if I have anything special on the next day. And I need to be held to it. Cos at the moment my community is suffering more than me. But the other thing is, with not getting rations in, I am also suffering, and probably just not feeling it at the moment. But I know I will if it continues. And how terrible is it to tell Jesus that you don't have enough time, or priority, for Him. That's not what I want in my life. So grrr, the binds of discipline and love. And to anyone who has had to pick up the slack for me this week, I am really sorry, and please help me to be more disciplined about all of this as well.

6 Comments:

At 2:20 am, April 03, 2006, Blogger c said...

"The Bible parable says that while men slept, the enemy sowed tares among the wheat. A boy who rises at 4:30 to deliver papers is considered a go-getter, but to urge our young people to rise at 5:30 to pray is considered fanaticism. We must once again wear the harness of discipline. There is no other way." --Leonard Ravenhill

I'm struggling with the same thing... God bless!

 
At 3:04 am, April 03, 2006, Blogger Cassie said...

Yay, I'm not the only one who can't get up in the morning! I hear u girl! Btw, u ignored me on msn, I felt very rejected... did u get my emails?

 
At 10:36 am, April 03, 2006, Blogger bec said...

Oh, didn't mean to ignore you on msn, didn't know you were on, perhaps someone was signed in as me and it wasn't actually me. Yes, I got your email, don't know about emails. I will reply, time here is short really, I am getting busy. And I made it up this morning. I am trying to discipline myself to make sure that I am in bed by 12 and up by 8. Hopefully it will work.

 
At 6:04 am, April 04, 2006, Blogger c said...

Hi bec! You posted on my blog asking if I were from sydney etc and I didn't know where to respond where you would notice, so I chose here! (feel free to delete this!!). Yes, I'm from sydney, just joined a Salvo church (i know, i know, corps) and am loving it. Im as an adherent member at the moment because I don't have time until next year to do soldier training. Feel free to email me, I just added my email to my blog (couldn't find yours, God bless!)

PS thanks for the comment!

 
At 9:47 am, April 04, 2006, Blogger Personal Reflections said...

I am up late most of the time also, and for longer and more often than you. Please forgive me for setting a bad example.

 
At 10:04 pm, April 04, 2006, Blogger Snooty Farkleboob said...

Sorry this has taken so long! Okay, so you can talk to me without anyone seeing, but how do I talk to you?! I can't figure out that other thing you asked me to think about (if you get what I'm talking about without me directly to it!). I had an idea but I don't think it was right. Also, (about this actual post!) thankyou for being so honest about stuff like this. Its good to be reminded that we all have struggles like this and we aren't hopeless and alone. Here I was thinking I was the only one who felt like they were constantly letting everyone down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home