25 April 2006

Kids & Evangelism

I have been memorising John (I am almost finished the first chapter) and one of the things that really strikes me is the way that the disciples come to Jesus. There is a consistent pattern of someone interacting with Jesus, realising who He is and then finding someone important in their life, telling them about it and bringing them to Jesus so that they can see for themselves. I just love it. It is so very simple but so effective.

Recently I've gotten to see it play out. Each Monday we run a program with kids from the local area and we play games with them, feed them dinner and we also spend time talking with them about Jesus. Possibly the highlight of my week was yesterday, when two kids who were at the sleepover on the weekend, and two kids from the community dinner we hold, came along because we had invited them. Then two of them were asking what age you had to be to attend. Why? Because they want to bring their brother along. How cool is that? These kids have it down! With no seminary grounding or evangelism training they've got it: find where Jesus is, and bring other people to Him. It's that simple! Jesus, help me to be more like these kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home