20 April 2006

Two verses

I love that the Word of God is alive. I love that it speaks even today. I love that there is always new revelation, even when they are some of the most familiar passages I have ever seen. So here are some thoughts, and they are still rough, and not completely fleshed out, but they are going somewhere. If they don't get there, feel free to help me out!

Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Sometimes I have struggles with the things that I can do. Sometimes I hold back from doing what I can do because I am scared. Sometimes I don't want to let that light shine. But I need to. Even though deeds are scary, because then people see them, and then they see you and then they have the opportunity to evaluate you, if you don't do it, how will they ever know. So if I hold back then I'm holding back on people knowing the truth. I never want to hold back on people knowing the truth. I want to be a vessel for them knowing the truth. That means that I can't hold back on what I do. No matter how scared I am.

(second one)

Matthew 7:11
If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

God is good, and He gives us good gifts. So why doesn't He always give us the good things that we ask for? Isn't that what is meant? Apparently it not. So the question must be asked, "why doesn't God give us something that we ask for if it is good?" And also, "Why doesn't God take stuff away if it is bad?" The only answer I have is that there must be a reason. God says that He is better than us at giving us good things. He also has everything in His power. So it's not that He can't do it. If He doesn't then do things the way we think they should then does it mean that He sees a bigger picture? Does it mean that we just can never understand? Is that enough? Does that end up satisfying? I don't really know. I know this. God can give good gifts to us and He loves to do it. If He doesn't then the only thing I can do is trust Him. I don't know why He does what He does, but I know Him. He does have all the answers. I'm trusting Him with the answers, even if they never come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home