23 April 2006

Happily tired

So I've had max. 1 hrs sleep tonight and I am pretty tired, but it was great. I have just come back from a sleepover with the kids that we have Saturday night activities with. It was such a fantastic night. We had three new kids that we had not had contact with before; we ran a scavenger hunt which really allowed for greater building of relationships with the young people (and the ulteria motive of tiring them out considerably); the night was a huge hit and we proved to the kids that even though we might be 'old' we can still out last every single one of them when it staying up as late as possible.

It was also a great night because it was great to see our team work together really well and just see people pull together and contribute without really too much need of extra communication. We all just jumped in where needed and it worked really well. I am also really appreciative of the helping hand that I received from a friend to get all the stuff up to X-Culture in the first place. I continue to appreciate community more and more and the fact that someone would catch a bus there and back just so that they could help you carry all the stuff you had really makes it special.

Well I'm off to bed. See you all later.

1 Comments:

At 11:34 pm, April 23, 2006, Blogger Snooty Farkleboob said...

This is unrelated to your post, but I just thought I should tell you that I am turning comment moderation off. Just in case! Oh, and I am loving that things are really starting to come together for you over there! The Lord works in mysterious ways! LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home