26 April 2006

Why wear your uniform?

Because it opens up doors!

I have recently discovered that I love wearing my uniform and so having forgotten that yesterday was Tunic Tuesday, and so missing a prime opportunity to join my comrades in witnessing by what you wear, as I contemplated my apparel today I decided to throw on my tunic over the rest of my clothes. This decision provided me with an opportunity to continue to be amazed at how God use our 'random' decisions for His purposes. As I waited in line to get lunch a guy standing near notices my uniform and says, "Salvation Army?" So then we got into a conversation about what we are both doing down here and he even asked my name (I usually find it is the other way around first). His name is Anthony, so I am praying that I run in to him again. But I really do believe that he would never have spoken to me if I hadn't been wearing uniform. Praise the Lord for visisibility and a means of speaking and reaching people even when I didn't start by using words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home